Field hockey loses in finals

A late goal by Huntington Beach in sudden death overtime ultimately ended the Wolverine field hockey team’s season in the Los Angeles Field  Hockey Association Championship on Nov. 1.
During the championship match, Huntington Beach received 17 corners, an abnormally large number of corners for a field hockey match.
Although Huntington Beach was unable to capitalize on any of the many corners that the team received, it still made  the match very difficult for Harvard-Westlake, as they were constantly pressured on defense.
The field hockey team did however clinch the Sunset League with a tie against Glendora on Oct. 23 before beginning its playoff run.
The girls later beat Fountain Valley to advance to the semifinal match where goalie Daniela Grande ’15 saved four of five shots in strokes, similar to soccer penalty kicks, to allow the team to advance to the championship match against Huntington Beach.
“Everyone rushed me and tackled me,” Grande said. “It was really crazy.”
The team’s game against Huntington Beach also went into overtime, but the girls were unsuccessful at winning the LAFHA championship title.
Despite this, Lim was still happy with their performance in the game.
“Honestly, we played the best game we’ve played all season, and our coach called it the best game she’s ever seen at Harvard-Westlake by a field hockey team,” Lim said.