Senior golfer plays in PGA Tour Pro-Am

The 2012 PGA Rookie of the Year Jordan Spieth partnered with Bakari Bolden ’14 in the Northwestern Mutual World Challenge Professional- Amateur Dec. 4.  The tournament, hosted by Tiger Woods, was held at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks for the last time as it will move to Isleworth Country Club just outside of Orlando, Fla next year. Bolden and Spieth scored a twenty under par to finish sixth in the pro-am.

“Definitely, by far, one of the most amazing experiences of my life just to be able to watch and kind of just pick up on the subtle nuances that Jordan had, and like just to be able to watch him and see how he carried himself was pretty amazing,” Bolden said about playing with the professional.  “Definitely an opportunity that I’ll take with me for the rest of my life. I mean, it was just an amazing opportunity.  I am so happy and just excited to be able to have that chance to play with him.”

Spieth finished tied for 16th in the PGA Tour tournament leaderboard by posting a nine over and a 297 four round total.

Zach Johnson barely edged out Tiger Woods to win the tournament by posting a 13 under par.

“I started off well, and then I got to my second hole and things kind of weren’t going to well for me on the second hole,” Bolden said. Bolden had a triple bogey on that second hole.

“But, then I was able to pick it up after that, and I ended up playing well,” Bolden said. “I was happy with how I played.”

“[Spieth] really didn’t give me any tips, but he kind of taught me things here and there,” Bolden added. “Jordan just told me what to do, gave me a couple of little tips to hit certain shots.  He told me to ‘just keep working at it’ to ‘just keep working hard’ and that one day, you never know where golf can take me so I just gotta keep working at it.  He basically told me just to never quit so I’m going to take those words and I’m going to run with them.”