Wolverines win third straight game, destroy Westchester on Homecoming

In front of a huge Homecoming crowd, the football team routed Westchester High School 49-9 Saturday night. This is the third game in a row the Wolverines completely overwhelmed their opponent, as they beat Granada Hills 34-9 two weeks ago, and defeated Taft 44-10 last week.

The Wolverines defense pitched a shutout for over three quarters and were leading by as much as 42 points before giving up a safety late in the fourth. The defense gave up a touchdown with two minutes left in the game. Dominick and team captain Desmond Butler ’15 led the way for the Wolverines on defense.

Quarterback Marshal Cohen ’16 recorded a pair of touchdowns in the first half, one through the air to Ryan Dominick ’17,  and one on the ground with a 15-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. Noah Rothman ’16 also saw snaps at quarterback and threw a 45-yard touchdown to Carter Begel ’17. Begel, Dominick and running backs Albert Choi ’15 and Garrett Robinson ’15 all recorded running touchdowns to contribute to the offensive onslaught.

“It’s always good to get a win, especially on Homecoming,” Head Coach Scot Ruggles said. “We played hard and I’m very proud of our effort. Defensively we played great, the whole defense was awesome.”

The Wolverines take on Palisades next Thursday.