Squad undefeated in Sunset League play

As the postseason approaches, the Wolverines are continuing to excel in regular season play, winning seven of their last eight games and only allowing two goals in all of those games combined. The team has started 6-0 to begin their Sunset League schedule, and are 9-2 overall.

Although starting goalie Daniela Grande ’16 has been unavailable in recent weeks due to nagging back and leg injuries, the team has not skipped a beat, as the Wolverines have shut their opposition out in six consecutive games.

A superb backline and strong team chemistry are the primary ways that the team has been able to mask its goaltending issues. While the team wants Grande in goal, they are confident that they can continue to be successful without her.

“Even though Daniela Grande ’16 hasn’t been in net for the past couple of weeks, we have been able to win because we are a very strong, cohesive team,” Brooke Reese ’15 said.

The team recently won its first Homecoming bout in two years, as last year’s game was canceled. This year, the team easily handled Glendora 5-0.

Along with a stout defense, the Wolverines’ production on offense has been nothing short of prolific. Not only have they shut out their recent opponents, but have handily beaten all of them, scoring at least five goals in each of their league games.

“Although we lost a lot of seniors, and didn’t really know how it was going to work out, we have adjusted really well with the players currently on our team, and we are definitely making it all work,” Caitlin Neapole ’16 said.

The Wolverines have two regular season games left until the playoffs.

The team hopes to go undefeated in league and repeat as Los Angeles Field Hockey Association champions.

“Right now we are on a winning streak, and we want to continue winning, so we can place first in our league and have a good seed going into the playoffs,” Neapole said.