Squad compiles All-Area Awards

More postseason awards continue to pile in for the top-ranked boys’ water polo team, as all-area awards were released today prominently featuring the Wolverines. The list was compiled by the Los Angeles Daily News in their end-of-the-season recap of teams in the San Fernando Valley.

Attacker Johnny Hooper ’15 and center Ben Hallock ’16 were named Players of the Year. They were also recently named CIF Southern Section Division I players of the year and are considered to be two of the top players in the nation.
Many other Wolverines were named, including starters Raphael Raede ’15, Anthony Ridgley ’15 and Morio Saito ’15 to the first team and Duncan Froomer ’16 and Luke Henriksson ’17 to the second team.
Evan Rosenfeld ’17 was named Newcomer of the Year. He was selected for his ability to take the pressure off of returning players and for giving the squad the chance to spread the ball around on offense.
Head Coach Brian Flacks ’06 was named Coach of the Year for the second season in a row. The CIF Championship match vs. Mater Dei was named Match of the Year, where the Wolverines beat the Monarchs 10-7 and took home a CIF Championship banner for the second year in a row.
The full list can be viewed here: http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20141218/harvard-westlakes-johnny-hooper-ben-hallock-top-all-area-water-polo-team