Copeland ’15 named to all-state basketball by Cal-Hi Sports

After compiling a list of accolades that already included selections to the Mission League first-team, Los Angeles Daily News first-team and CIF Southern Section Division 4AA first-team, senior guard Alex Copeland ’15 racked up yet another honor recognizing his phenomenal 2014-15 season, being named to the Cal-Hi Sports Division IV first-team on Friday evening.

Copeland, who led the Mission League with averages of 25.4 points per game and 3.3 steals per game in his senior season, was one of 20 players selected to the Division IV team, which was chosen from the 265 California high schools that fit the Division IV enrollment value (600-1205). He was one of six Mission League players selected to any of Cal-Hi Sports’ teams, including Loyola’s Max Hazzard ’15 (second-team Division I), Alemany’s Shacquille Dawkins ’16 and Daron Henson ’16 (both first-team Division III), Crespi’s DeAnthony Melton ’16 (first-team Division IV) and Chaminade’s Michael Oguine ’15 (first-team Division IV).

Copeland led the 2014-15 Harvard-Westlake team to a 14-14 overall record and a quarterfinal appearance in the CIF-SS Division 4AA playoff bracket, where the team succumbed to fellow Cal-Hi Sports Division IV first-team selection Quinton Adlesh ’15 and his Mission Prep Royals. For his high school career, Copeland scored 1475 points, putting him at seventh place on the school’s varsity all-time scoring list. The guard will continue his basketball career at Yale University during the 2015-16 school year.

The full Cal-Hi Sports teams can be seen here:

http://www.calhisports.com/2015/05/01/all-state-boys-bb-by-divisions-2/