Advanced I, II dancers celebrate final recital

Dancers in the Advanced Dance I and II classes finished off their year in a spring showcase May 1 in the dance studio.

Dancers performed solos, duos, trios and in groups during the performance which was held after school.

Seniors in Advanced Dance II performed in their final number together to Little Dragon’s “Ritual Union” at the end of the show.

Each senior was then presented with a plaque and bouquet of flowers after the show as dance teacher Cynthia Winter said a few words about each girl.

The seniors have been preparing for the show since their  last dance concert, which included sophomores and juniors last March.

“I’m going to miss dancing with everyone mainly because I’m probably not going to dance in college,” Katya Konkol ’13 said. “We’ve all really bonded as a class and it’s going to be hard to leave everybody.”

Most of the numbers in the senior showcase were small group dances, a handful of solos and one big group dance with all of the seniors.

“We choreographed the dances ourselves with the help of Mrs. Winter and Mrs. Lowry, our two dance instructors,” Konkol said. “They gave us feedback about our dances and helped tweak them.”

Winter said she will miss her students, and hope they return for frequent visits.