Student art to be in gallery

Artwork by photography students will be featured in a show entitled “What Remains” at the dnj Gallery at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica June 7 through 21.

This will be the second time artwork by Harvard-Westlake students will be exhibited at the dnj Gallery.

The exhibition entitled “The Figure of Photography” was shown last year at the gallery.

The specific student pieces that will be exhibited at the gallery will be selected by visual arts teachers Joe Medina, Kevin O’Malley and Alyssa Sherwood.

The exhibition was arranged in collaboration with the dnj Gallery owner and director Pamela Schoenberg (Dora ’16 and Nathan ’18).

“I believe in art education,” Schoenberg said. “I hope, at dnj Gallery, to further one’s thoughts, dreams and impressions. Art can encourage creativity, invite a dialogue and present us with new ways of viewing the world. It is a form of communication. I enjoyed the process of working with the teenagers, seeing their sense of completion or finality, and actually learning from them,” she said.

The “What Remains” student art exhibition will open June 7 with a reception from 6 to 8 p.m.

The dnj Gallery is open every Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is located at 2525 Michigan Avenue.