Janowitz earns distinction

The Senior Advancement Administrator for the Office of Advancement will be commended for her hard work at a conference with over 1,000 advancement professionals.

Brenda Janowitz was selected by the Council for the Advancement of Supportive Education in conjunction with the National Association of Independent Schools to receive the Support Staff Distinguished Service Award. She will receive the award at the 43rd Annual CASE-NAIS School Conference in Washington, DC on Monday, Jan. 14.

Senior Advancement Officer Jim Pattinson, who nominated Janowitz for the award, describes her as “the embodiment of what the award is meant to do: honor a professional who has an impact on the institution over a long and distinguished career.”

Janowitz began work at Harvard-Westlake in 1998 as a gift processor and is now in charge of the entire logistical management advancement.
    In a letter nominating Janowitz for the award, President Thomas C. Hudnut said, “All roads in our Advancement efforts lead to her, through her or from her. She is the indispensable link that makes everything else run smoothly.

“In my 26 years as leader of this school, I can think of no one in Harvard-Westlake’s employ who has done a better job or meant more to her colleagues than Brenda Janowitz.”