Administrator receives Bell Crow Award

Senior Advancement Officer and Director of Major Gifts Jim Pattison received the Robert Bell Crow Memorial Award from the International Council for Advancement and Support of Education.

The award honors long-term private school advancement officers for their professional accomplishments, ability to allocate funds for their schools and service to CASE.

“I was pleasantly surprised, and it was quite moving for me,” Pattison said. “I’m very grateful. I have always tried to be a mentor to people, and that was paramount.”

Pattison was nominated by an institutional advancement officer outside of Harvard-Westlake and received two letters of recommendation from former Chairman of the Board of Trustees Chris Hazy and former President Tom Hudnut.

He said he did not know he was nominated for the award until after he had received it.

“We are constantly trying to find resources for the school,” Pattison said. “I appreciate the fact very much that I can be a mentor to people. I hope that I can continue to be a mentor for a lot of people.”

Pattison gathers donations from alumni and parents for donations to allocate to the advancement office.

From there, funds are used to support various programs, both in school and out of school.

Pattison said that he plans to continue using funds from these donations to act as a mentor and improve the school.