Activities Fair to allow students to browse clubs

Prefect Council will host Activities Fair during break Sept. 15 to allow students a chance to browse and sign up for clubs.

“I didn’t really have much time to participate in clubs at the upper school [last] year, but now that I’m used to the campus, I’m thinking about joining the math club,” Sean Jung ’16 said. “Hopefully I’ll make a final decision at Activities Fair.”

Every club will have a table where they can present what they do and encourage other students to sign up.

David Ozen ’16, co-head of the Computer Building Club, which plans to build computers and donate them to schools that need them, looks forward to attracting kids to join.

“As a new club, we are very excited for the Activities Fair because it is one of the only times we can put our club on display to recruit members,” Ozen said.

In order for a club to form, they must create a charter, which has to include information such as the club’s purpose and goals, and logistics such as when and where they meet. Charters must be submitted by Sept. 12, and will be reviewed by Prefect Council.

Clubs that already have a charter from last year can just resubmit it.

Other student organizations such as Prefect Council and Community Council will have tables to advertise what they do and have sign-ups as well.