Girls’ water polo heads to playoffs

After clinching their second straight Mission League title, the varsity girls’ water polo team is once again in a position to go deep into the CIF playoffs.

“I think we can go far in playoffs as long as we continue playing as a team and get rid of the small mistakes that cost us goals,” Hannah Moody ’08 said.

The girls’ team finished the season 15-8 overall but also finished with a strong 9-1 record in Mission League, losing only to Alemany by one in a double-overtime thriller.

The team endured through their tough schedule in the last few games of the season, in which they played in over eight games in a one-week period.In that span, the team finished 6-2 and capped off an impressive show of endurance with a four game winning streak.

“I think our team chemistry allowed us to succeed in those last few games,” Allison Vreeland ’08 said.

“Considering the amount of time our team spends together, we have to get along as a team and it translates into our success during our games.”

Going into this year’s playoffs, momentum is on the team’s side and they look to continue the dominance they have displayed over the past few games and the past few years.

Vreeland said that the team has a great chance of winning the CIF playoffs.

“We are all dedicated and work well as a team, and I think that the hard work we have put in will allow us to succeed in playoffs,” Nadia Dan ’08 said.