Students attend Super Bowl XLV in Dallas

By Michael Aronson and Shawn Ma

Among the 100,000 fans at Super Bowl XLV at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas were Jacob Weiss ’13, Kody Greenbaum ’11, and Jono Glassman ’11, who witnessed the Packers take their fourth Super Bowl in franchise history.

Weiss has been an avid Packer fan his entire life and had complete confidence in his team to win it all by the time they reached the NFC Championship. He attends one game a year and had already seen them play against their rival Vikings in Minnesota, but once he knew they would play for the Lombardi trophy, he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see them play once more.

After a win against the Bears to propel the Packers to the big game, Weiss and his dad got tickets, booked their flights and found a hotel. They took two flights on Saturday and arrived in Dallas midday to participate in the pregame festivities along with other football fans in the city.

With a Packer hat and a Donald Driver jersey, Weiss arrived at the stadium five hours before kickoff and got into the stadium two hours early to watch the athletes warm up.

“The game was spectacular,” Weiss said. “I can honestly say that it was one of the greatest days of my life.”

Weiss witnessed his Packers become world champions first hand and stayed in the stadium hours after to watch his team celebrate. He made his way down to a section by the field after the game and was able to be up and close to one of his favorite players, cornerback Charles Woodson, who held up the Lombardi Trophy to the remaining Packer fans in attendance.

Greenbaum and Glassman met up before the game. They arrived days before the Super Bowl and were able to attend festivities and parties.

“There are activities and parties all weekend leading up to the game which were fun, and of course the game was awesome,” Greenbaum said. “What I will remember most is Aaron Rodgers’ great game. He deserved to win, and he played like a champ.”