Cazeau takes job in Seattle

By Judd Liebman

Head of Middle School Ronnie Cazeau will leave Harvard-Westlake to take a new post as Head of the Evergreen School in suburban Seattle at the beginning of the next school year.

Cazeau’s departure was announced by President Thomas C. Hudnut in an email to all faculty member Tuesday morning.
He said he made the announcement “with pride and delight, because when one of us is supremely happy, as Ronnie most certainly is, we should all rejoice.”

“It’s a huge promotion for me,” Cazeau said in a telephone interview with the Chronicle. “I am excited to be head of a school.”

She said she had gotten the job offer last week after spending several days interviewing at the K-8 independent school, meeting with administrators, faculty, parents and students. She said the school felt like a comfortable fit for her and that she was drawn by its warmth. She said she would miss Harvard-Westlake enormously.

Cazeau said she has family in the Seattle area, and her husband works at Boeing, which has facilities in that area.

During her 18 years at Harvard-Westlake, Cazeau taught English and history, was a grade-level dean, admissions officer and has served for five head as the head of the Middle School.

Hudnut said Cazeau’s “keen mind, her ready smile, cheery demeanor and abiding love for her students have helped her succeed at every step.”