Beyond High School

February 17, 2022

Cardillo said he and Fogelson plan to stay together after high school, deciding to attend nearby colleges in Boston. He said the process of applying to colleges that were close to one another made his and Fogelson’s connection even stronger than before, and prepared them to continue their relationship beyond high school.

“Very early on, we [agreed to] invest a lot of time in giving us a shot [as a couple after] high school,” Cardillo said. “We ended up being able to do that, and [we’ll be] five minutes away from each other. There was plenty of stress and plenty of fear in that process, but I don’t think either of us would have wanted it to go differently. There’s security for me in the fact that we had to struggle to achieve it. If it were easier, I don’t think we’d know each other as well, and I don’t think we would feel as ready to go make that big of a step of being with someone for the foreseeable future as adults.”

Fogelson said she was happy about how far they had come as a couple and said she can fondly remember the early days of their relationship when she first fell in love with Cardillo.

“I think I first realized that I loved him when I hadn’t watched Star Wars before we started going out and so, we would switch off going to each other’s houses, watching the movies,” Fogelson said. “I don’t know, there was just something about it being with him that felt absolutely right. I was totally over the moon for him.”