Advanced Dance I students showcase work for foundation

Students from Advanced Dance I perform during their showcase . Credit: Ellis Becker ’18/Chronicle

Students from Advanced Dance I showcased their performance Thursday in the Dance Studio for The Arc Foundation, an organization that helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

The theme of the show is about going to the shoe store, and dancers will showcase pieces such as a point shoe dance and a rain boot dance. All dances were choreographed by students in the class, who had been working to perfect them to be ready for the final performance.

“The rehearsal went really well, and I think the same will go for the actual performance,” said dance teacher Cyndy Winter, “It’s always a really special experience, especially dancing for The Arc.”

Dancers Emory Kim '18 and Anneliese Breidsprecher '18 perform for the Arc Foundation during their performance. Credit: Ellis Becker/Chronicle
Dancers Emory Kim ’18, Anneliese Breidsprecher ’18, and Angel Hoyang ’18 perform for the Arc Foundation during their performance. Credit: Ellis Becker/Chronicle

The Arc came to the upper school campus to watch students perform the pieces they had been working on since September.

“We have been working on [the performance] since September everyday in class, and after school a couple of times,” said Maya Golob ’18, “We worked really hard to make sure that people from The Arc Foundation will really like it and have fun watching us.”