Alum discusses Rams’ move back to city (video)

Kevin Demoff ’95, the Executive Vice President of Football Operations and Chief Operating Officer of the Los Angeles Rams, spoke at an event hosted by the Harvard-Westlake Alumni Association at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel March 1.

During the first Rams presentation in Los Angeles, Demoff discussed the process of bringing the team back to its hometown after 20 years, including purchasing the first 60 acres for the parking lot in 2013 and meeting with NFL staff members to develop the stadium.

“The goal was to show what this project could become, how transformative it would be to Los Angeles and the passion that this city has for the Los Angeles Rams,” Demoff said. “We were thrilled that the owners agreed with our vision and that they entrusted us with the opportunity to make Los Angeles truly an NFL destination.”

Demoff began his presentation with an anecdote from his time at Harvard-Westlake, when he was a student of President Rick Commons, who used to be an English teacher. He recalled writing a 10-page essay and receiving a D for lack of proofreading.

“It is one of my most vivid memories from Harvard-Westlake, and I can tell you that I proofread this presentation beyond belief,” Demoff joked. “The things that you learn in tenth grade, the things that you learn from Commons are fantastic.”

After graduating, Demoff earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Dartmouth College. Prior to overseeing the Rams, he worked for the Los Angeles Avengers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Arena Football League.