Second semester clubs make their debut at Activities Fair

The HW Virtual Reality Club lets students try out the technology. Credit: Jenny Li/Chronicle

Prefect Council hosted the second Activities Fair of the year on Monday for the new clubs beginning in the second semester. The nine clubs, including TriSci, Latino Project, History Through Food, HW Virtual Reality Club, Liberty in North Korea, HW OXFAM, Girl Up, Microfinance and Social Interest Club and Red Cross Club, encouraged students to sign-up with treats and educational posters and pamphlets. Due to the rainy weather, students previewed the clubs in the lounge instead of on the quad.

“I really like the club fair because we as students get to see what else is going on, what people are doing to help the community or just raising awareness about things or even just pursuing their interests,” Liberty in North Korea club member Myria Chen ’18 said. “I think it’s a really good chance for people to show the world what they want to do to make this world a better place.”

The majority of clubs at the fair had community service-oriented goals and focused on promoted their causes by gaining new members.

“I just want students at Harvard-Westlake to become more influenced about helping the community and how important it is, and how we can help people who are sick or in need for [the] Red Cross,” Red Cross Club member John Lee ’19 said.