Wall street veteran speaks to students and alumni at first Business and Entrepreneurship Network event

Wall Street and investment banking veteran George J. Rohlinger advised students and alumni at the Business and Entrepreneurship Network’s first student-alumni event March 19 in Ahmanson Lecture Hall.

The event was organized by Chief Financial Officer and Business of Life teacher Rob Levin and head of the alumni entrepreneurial network Nate Snyder ’94, who chose Rohlinger based on his business expertise, and all the life lessons he had to offer Kelly Crosson ’14 said. Snyder also co-founded a medical company called Redyns Medical in 2006 with Rohlinger, and the two have remained close friends despite Rohlinger living in Idaho.

Director of Alumni Giving Greg O’Leary helped organize the events for alumni, while seniors Jacob Byrnes ’14, Anthony Ulloa ’14 and Crosson helped bring students to the event.

“I think that what the alums are going to take the most away from the event is that they’ll be impressed with the student turnout and that there are so many students who have a common interest with them desperate the age difference,” O’Leary said. “I hope for the students that it sparks thought and fills out good or bad their thinking of a potential profession because they are so young and its good to get exposure to learns about something to have a better idea of whether or not you want to pursue it in the future.”

The next event held by the Business and Entrepreneurship Network is currently being organized and will be held May 20 in a law firm near the Avenue of the Stars. Following that event, the Network will hold another event called Startup Scramble in early June where students and alumni will come together again and work on potential business ideas.