Alumna debuts in “Hello, Dolly!” on Broadway

Beanie Feldstein ’11 made her Broadway debut April 20 in “Hello, Dolly!” as Minnie Fay, a shopgirl working in the hat shop of Irene Molloy, a widow who is searching for romance.

“Hello, Dolly!” is a Broadway musical from 1964 about matchmaker Dolly Gallagher Levi who comes to New York City to find a wife for “half-a-millionaire” Horace Vandergelder.

Feldstein’s debut was in the song “Elegance” with characters Cornelius, Barnaby and Mrs. Malloy, played by Gavin Creel, Taylor Trensch and Kate Baldwin, respectively. She also sang in “Motherhood March” and “Dancing.” Feldstein was cast into the Broadway revival in October, after her role as sorority sister Nora in the movie “Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising.”

Feldstein was a Scene Monkey for two years, sang as a Chamber Singer and participated in the Playwrights Festival at Harvard-Westlake. Her senior year at the school she won the end of senior year award for performing arts along with Ben Platt ’11.

“She was always the consummate professional and dedicated to the art and craft of acting,” performing arts teacher Christopher Moore said. “I think this production of ‘Hello, Dolly!’ will be just the first of many future major roles on Broadway, television and film for this talented young actor.”