Tiari leaving to spend more time with family

After just two years as a history teacher at the school, Jennifer Tiari will depart to spend more time with family.

“I think I will reevaluate my professional life for the future as to where I go from here,” Tiari said. “I hope to devote my time to my family.”

Tiari will continue to study for her PhD, which she has been pursuing for over a year. Thanks to her less busy schedule, she said she will be able to devote more time to her dissertation.

“I still have around two years of research to do, but I think one of the good things to come of my departure is the more time I can spend on working towards receiving a PhD,” Tiari said.

She teaches both sophomores in World and Europe II and juniors in United States History. Before that, she taught college students at UCLA for three years, but said she preferred the atmosphere Harvard-Westlake provided.

She loved the inquisitive nature of her students and appreciated getting to know and developing relationships with her students through the foundation of history class, she said. Students said they will miss Tiari in their ongoing years.

“I’m so sad [Tiari] is leaving,” Carly Wallace ’20 said. “She is an incredible teacher and genuinely one of the nicest people I have ever met. She truly cares.”