Girls’ tennis wins individual and doubles league championships

Despite finishing second in league this season as a team, the girls’ tennis team was able to win the singles and doubles crowns in the Mission League Tournament. Caroline Richman ’09, Nicole Hung ’10 and Cassidy Horn ’08 each came back Mission League Champions in their respective divisions. Richman captured the singles title. She attributed her out of school training and matches during the season as major factors of her victory.

“I think that during season I played a lot of competitive matches which helped me feel comfortable in those situations,’ she said.

Horn and Hung won the doubles title. The two teamed up for the second straight year, and their results from last year were improved in this campaign.

“It all came together for them in that tournament. They had been doing well all year, but I think that they stepped it up. They are a great team,” Richman said of her teammates.

Teammates Ally Kalt ’09, Sayumi Kobayashi ’09, and Marissa Rosenthal ’10 also competed in the tournament. The doubles team of Rosenthal and Kobayashi lost in the semifinals while Kalt lost in the middling stages.

The trio of champions all advanced to CIF playoffs. Richman got sick in the days leading up to her 2nd round loss 6-0, 6-4. Hung and Horn lost in the 3rd round 6-2, 6-0.