Nace retires after 12 years

Judith Nace, Assistant to Director of Accounts Payable, retired when school let out for Thanksgiving Break. A retirement party was held for Nace on Nov 25 in the business office, where she has worked for 12 years.

“I have always known I was going to retire at 66.” Nace said. “I’m 66 in January and I saved my vacation so I’m leaving Thanksgiving.”

Nace plans to stay in Los Angeles, her hometown, and pursuing her hobby of arts and crafts.

“I plan on spending a lot of time getting into and really doing my crafts,” Nace said. “I am going to stay around here. I have friends in Arizona and Montana and I will go visit them, but no extensive traveling.”

Nace started her career as a secretary in a small company right after graduating from Yankton College in South Dakota. Around 20 years ago, she got into accounting and has been involved in accounting ever since. After working at Harvard-Westlake for twelve and half years, Nace is looking forward to retiring.

“I will miss the people, the activities [and] the students,” Nace said. “In all the years that I have been here, I have really looked forward to going to work…It’s a good thing to work at a place in the years [before] retirement that you like coming to.”