Equestrian places 15th of 63 to conclude school season

By Mariel Brunman

The equestrian team finished the season 15th out of 63 schools at the Interscholastic Equestrian League’s final show April 16. This was the last of four shows held this season at the Hansen Dam Equestrian Center in Lake View Terrace.

Corinne Miller ’12 led the team by earning 35 points. She placed third overall for the season in the varsity division and qualified for a varsity division medal. Ariana DuBelko ’12 placed 25th, following Miller.

Captain Caitlin Murphy ’11 placed seventh overall in varsity dressage; Erin Murphy ’13 placed ninth overall in the same division.  

“I think that the two new co-captains, Eleonore Lund-Simon ’12 and Corinne Miller ’12, did a really good job of bringing the team together, especially with the community service effort,” Murphy said.  

Amanda McAdams ’15 finished 18th out of 52 in the novice division. Seana Moon White ’13 placed 35th and Caroline Watts ’14 placed 47th.  

As well as competing in the show, the Wolverines volunteered at Freedom Riders, a therapeutic riding center, where they helped disabled children ride specially trained horses.  

“I was especially glad to get to know and bond with a lot of my teammates and of course to grow as a rider alongside them,” White said. “Equestrian is such an individual sport that it’s nice to go through competitions together. I’m really just looking forward to next year’s shows, continued bonding with the team and maybe getting to know the new additions, if any, next year.”