Coldwater construction forces parking, drop off and pick up changes

By Eli Haims

Due to the construction on Coldwater Canyon, the procedures for student parking and parent drop off and pick up have changed. In an email sent to students, Head of Upper School Harry Salamandra outlined the plans.

Seniors will enter through the main campus entrance, make the first right once on campus and loop around Hamilton Gymnasium before proceeding to their assigned spots. Juniors will turn on to Hacienda Drive, which is south of the main entrance, and proceed to their assigned spots.

Parents traveling southbound, from Ventura Boulevard, will enter the main campus entrance and make the first right once they have entered the campus. They will then loop around Hamilton Gymnasium and drop off or pick up their children on the sidewalk along the senior lot. Parents traveling northbound, from Mulholland Boulevard, can either follow the same path as the northbound parents or drop off and pick up their children at the north entrance. Security and staff will help direct traffic.

Students will no longer be able to park off campus and walk on. The only options for students who were planning to do this are carpooling with other another student, being driven by a parent or riding a school bus, according to Salamandra.

Additionally, students will no longer be allowed to walk on or off of the campus due to the loss of the sidewalk running along the street.

Head of School Jeanne Huybrechts sent a similar letter to parents, saying “our temporary inconvenience will be rewarded with significant campus improvements including a new academic program, new classrooms, a beautiful library, a spectacular aquatics facility – and a 21st Century water pipe under Coldwater Canyon.”