Candidate Statement: Elle Wilson ’13

1. For what position are you running?

Senior Prefect

2. What makes you feel that you are qualified for the position? Please describe any leadership experiences you’ve had, if applicable.

I would hope to be able to represent the Harvard-Westlake student body well. I have been involved in many different kinds of activities, including debate, track and field, and Peer Support, so I believe that I could understand a broad range of viewpoints of students at our school. I believe strongly in the honor code and would work to uphold it. I really love our school’s community and would dedicate myself to helping it in any way that I could.

3. How do you feel about the Honor Board and what has led you to feel this way?

I really like the way the Honor Board acts as a link between the students and the administration. I feel that the students on the Honor Board can provide extremely valuable input. They can offer insight into student life, conditions, and decision-making that is vital to the interpretation of the honor code. Students on the Honor Board can truly understand what it is like to be a student, and I feel that this is extremely important in dealing with Honor Board cases. I really like how the Honor Board decisions have been made public, and I think that it is important for our community to have this type of understanding of what the Honor Code really means.

4. Please describe one thing in Harvard-Westlake’s community you would change. Also, how would you use the influence of the position of Junior/Senior Prefect to change our community?

I would like to increase the amount of awareness for students about events happening on campus. Too often I feel that performances, games, auditions, tryouts, and other student events pass without the student body being well informed of their occurrence. I would like to promote unity within our community by making day-to-day information pertaining to students more easily accessible, whether it be online or through other types of media. As prefect, I would try to answer the demands of all sectors of the student body and bring us together as a community.