Prefect Council brings baby goats to campus

Connor Tang
Grace Claire-Young ’24 holds a baby goat. The goats were brought to campus by Prefect Council.

Prefect Council brought baby goats to campus to provide the student body an opportunity to de-stress before finals week May 24.

Junior Prefect Ellie Borris ’25 said that he had not originally believed he could bring goats to campus, but Prefect Council’s determination made the event a reality.

“[Prefect Council] wanted to have a small event right before finals that would bring some high spirit and fun energy to campus,” Borris said. “I’ve been saying I’m going to bring goats for a long time, and although it started as a joke, I decided to look into it and it turns out it’s not that difficult to rent goats.”

Borris said it is important to provide opportunities to students to find happy moments while at school.

“I hope students can get a good laugh and a smile from it,” Borris said. “This part of the year is super stressful and having little moments throughout the day where you can forget about everything you’re worrying about is crucial.”

Ryder Felisan ’26 said that he loved the goats and really enjoyed spending time with them.

“I had the privilege to spend most of my lunch period with the goats and afterwards I actually felt less stressed,” Felisan said. “I have a ton of finals I have to prepare for and playing with the goats was such an escape. The goat I held was so cute and it warmed my heart to spend time with a six week old baby goat.”

Liv Kriger ’25 said she enjoyed spending time with the goats, but hopes that a couple of improvements will be made for next year.

“Having the goats visit was so much fun, but I hope they can bring more goats in the future so that more students can spend time with them,” said Kriger. “Keeping the goats for a longer period could also be extremely beneficial. It would be amazing if they could bring other animals besides goats next year too.”