CHO holds COVID booster vaccine clinic

Lucas Cohen-d'Arbeloff

The Community Health Office (CHO) held a COVID-19 booster vaccine clinic for students and faculty in St. Saviour’s Chapel at the upper school campus on Dec. 16 and 17. Elements Pharmacy administered both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to those who both had their last dose more than six months prior and are at least 16 years of age.

In an email to students, parents and faculty Dec. 14, the CHO said it is not currently mandating that community members receive the booster vaccine but suggests those who are eligible receive it.

Since the clinic was held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both days, students were excused from class in order to receive their booster shot. Aerin Duke ’23 said this flexibility made the appointment scheduling process more straightforward.

“The clinic was very well-organized,” Duke said. “I like how you were able to go during classes, which made it easier for me to participate since my class was nearby the clinic.”

Idalis McZeal ’23, who received the Pfizer booster at the clinic, said she appreciated how easily she was able to navigate the Elements Pharmacy website and how seamless the practitioners made the clinic.

“They were really efficient, and it took [no more than] five minutes from the time I came to the Chapel to the time I left,” McZeal said. “It was super easy and accessible, and the appointments were quick to make online.”

Amanda Korris ’22 said she has found it hard to find a time to get her booster vaccine as school ramped up before winter break, but the clinic provided an easy opportunity.

“I was eligible for my booster last month, but it’s been difficult to schedule around school,” Korris said. “But the clinic in the Chapel was really convenient, and everyone there was lovely.”