Prefect Council announces homecoming theme

In+addition+to+an+email+sent+to+Upper+School+students%2C+Prefect+Council+announced+this+years+Hollywood+formal+theme+on+Instagram.+
Davis Marks/Chronicle
In addition to an email sent to Upper School students, Prefect Council announced this year’s “Hollywood” formal theme on Instagram.

Prefect Council announced the theme as “Hollywood” for the 2023 Homecoming formal Aug. 29. The event takes place Sept. 30 at 7pm at the Upper School. Ticket sales begin Sept. 18 and end Sept. 28 on the quad.

Head Prefect Bari LeBari ’24 said the council is enthusiastic about this year’s theme and is eager to start planning activities for the dance.

“The theme was inspired by our Homecoming committee: Nyla Shelton ’24, Victor Suh ’25, Gideon Evans ’25 and Sarah Anschell ’26, with other prefects in other committees giving valuable input as well,” LeBari said. “We are especially excited for this entire process. From ticket sales and big tasks, to the set up and the actual dance itself, I know it will be fun.”

Suh, a member of the Homecoming planning team, said he is looking forward to the dance.

“As you know, we went with a Hollywood approach this year, so expect a lot of blacks, reds and golds,” Suh said. “I personally have always been a fan of bright lights and sparkles galore, so count me optimistic for how this year’s is going to turn out. I’ve also gotten the feeling over the years that our student body is drawn to the lively energy that Los Angeles [and] Hollywood embodies, and our goal is to try and satiate that fantasy. One of the reasons why I love Harvard-Westlake so much is the people. And dances are, at least in my humble opinion, some of the best ways to hang with the people I love without the stress that usually comes with it.”