Girls’ Golf Wins Mid-Season Tournament

Printed with Permission of the Girls’ Golf Team
Varsity girls’ golf wins the Mid-Season tournament for the second year in a row and breaks school records.

Girls Golf Wins Mid-Season Tournament

After achieving second place in the Lady Mustang Invitational, the varsity girls’ golf team won the Mid-Season tournament on Tuesday, Sept. 26. The varsity girls’ golf team set a record of 167 strokes at the Encino Golf Course. Kaydence Kim ’25 and Elynne Park ’25 tied our school record at 31 strokes.

Ellie Koo ’24, a player on the varsity girls’ golf team, said she thought that they succeeded at the Mid-Season Tournament because of a great team culture.

“We gained a lot of confidence following the Lady Mustang Invitational because we beat out a lot of other good teams,” Koo said. “Knowing that we can each individually shoot well, and that together we can post a great score and beat every other team if we put our mind to it, is something that really motivates us. We also have a great group of girls who support each other so much, and knowing we have that support system is something that drives our success.”