Dance Ensemble Performs at SoFi Stadium in LA Bowl

Dance Ensemble performed at the 2023 Los Angeles (LA) Bowl on Friday, Dec. 15 at SoFi Stadium. The performance consisted of two dances choreographed by Upper School Performing Arts Teacher Queala Clancy and Middle School Performing Arts Teacher Joe Schenck. The performance raised funds for Everybody Dance LA, an organization that provides kids in underprivileged communities throughout LA with dance lessons.

Clancy said the performance allowed students to collaborate and expand on different styles of dance while promoting Everybody Dance LA.

“It was an opportunity for our students to engage with one another, explore other styles of dance and provide more visibility of the HW dance program,” Clancy said. “In addition, we were able to raise funds for Everybody Dance LA, an organization that transforms lives and communities through the power of dance specifically in underserved communities.”

Dancer Rheanna Vradiy ’25 said the performance was the first time all of the middle school and upper school dancers did the routine together.

“We would meet in the gym and the dance studio a couple [of] times every week [closer to the day of the performance] to practice,” she said. “Unfortunately, we weren’t able to practice it full out with the middle school until the actual performance, but it went great nonetheless.”

Vradiy said although the dancers were not used to performing in such a large venue, the experience was enjoyable.

“Performing in the large venue was so incredible,” she said. “It felt really nice to be outside and the crowd of people was amazing. I love performing in general so I am really happy I got this opportunity.”