Senior Prefects elected for 2024-2025 school year

Nathan Wang
Rex Grube ’25 gives a speech to his peers for Head Prefect elections.

Marlo Beckman ’25, Gideon Evans ’25, Rex Grube ’25 and Victor Suh ’25 were elected to be Senior Prefects for the 2024-2025 school year. After 19 candidates gave speeches in Rugby Auditorium on April 22, an online election ballot was emailed to juniors to vote for their top four candidates. Evans and Suh were elected in the first round of elections, while Beckman and Grube were elected in after two runoff elections.

Beckman said she hopes to ensure high school will be a memorable experience for the senior class in her new role.

“One of my goals is to ensure that every member of the class of 2025 graduates feeling like they would choose to go here again if they had to start over their high school career,” Beckman said. “I want my classmates to feel this way, not only because of the amazing people we’ve all met within the community, but also because of the experiences, memories and opportunities offered by this school.”

Beckman said she hopes to help her peers achieve their goals and unify the class.

“An obvious challenge that students face is the competitive environment within the student bod,” Beckman said. “While this environment can sometimes be toxic, I want to mold it into being a healthy competitiveness in which we all push each other to be the best versions of ourselves and support one another in facing challenges.”

Grube said he believes he has what it takes to be a successful Senior Prefect.

“Contributing to the school community has always been very important to me,” Grube said. “[Prefect Councl] will help me continue to give back and help this school that has given me so many opportunities and an amazing education. It’s really important for prefects to be both driven to succeed and bring change to campus while also being someone that their friends can trust.”

Maya Ray ’25 said electing a good prefect is important for her experience at school.

“Prefects are the representation of the student body when it comes to talking to the administration and getting things done,” Ray said. “I’m confident that the prefects next year will do a really good job,  and I believe that they’ll be a great voice for the student body.”