Junior holds benefit concert for underprivileged children

Jensen McRae ’15 produced, hosted and performed at a benefit concert featuring 11 Harvard-Westlake students for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles. The concert was held at the Complete Actors Place on Sunday.

Zita Biosah ’14, Molly Chapman ’14, Daniel Davila ’14, Oliver Goodman-Waters ’14, Tara Joshi ’14, Greg Lehroff ’14, Hudson Ling ’15, Claire Nordstrom ’15, Aiyana White ’14, Adam Yaron ’16, and McRae all performed solo songs as well as group numbers from artists ranging from Cole Porter to Imagine Dragons.

“My favorite performance to sing was my duet with [Yaron],” McRae said.

The concert raised over $1,500 for Big Brothers Big Sisters, an organization that McRae has been involved with for the last year.

“It went really well,” McRae said. “We had a great turn out and the people from the organization were really pleased with the show and the fact that I raised enough money to make a match. At Big Brothers Big Sisters the point is to match kids to adults and it costs $1,500 to make a match.”

The show was produced by McRae’s charity, Love Notes.

“I’ve been talking to my mom about putting together a charity that has something to do with music,” McRae said. “I love giving back, which sounds so fake, but it’s true I really do like helping people and I love music. So for me the ideal community service that I would do would somehow involve music and I’ve also been talking to my friends about putting a show together, just some sort of collaborative effort.”