Senior art to be displayed in gallery

By Erin Moy

Next Monday, the Feldman Horn Art Gallery will be filled with artwork from seniors who take AP Drawing, AP Design, Advanced Drawing and Painting III. 3D art and photos will also be shown, while senior work from video art will play in a loop.

The Senior Art Show will feature self-portraits and spacial drawings of the art studio entitled Studio: Inside Out, as well as some still-life paintings.

Visual arts teacher Marianne Hall also hopes to feature the figure drawings that students in the Advanced Drawing and Painting class are currently creating.

The art featured in the Senior Art Show has a broad variety in order to let seniors choose their own styles and perspectives.

Specifically, students made portraits of how they were feeling in the beginning of senior year.

Hall also feels that “seniors are excited because it is their first show. They’re excited to share their work with their friends and peers.”

“It’s great to be able to share this with everyone,” Caroline Hartig ’10 said. “We have put a lot of hard work into all of these paintings.”

“[The show] is the end of three years of work in drawing and painting that really is the equivalent of a freshman foundation course for art majors in college,” Hall said.

For the rest of year, seniors are allowed more freedom and will be working on their own concentrations. During the second semester, Hall says that there will be concentration shows for the senior work in Feldman Horn Gallery.

“It should be great,” Peter Schwartz ’10 said, “It’s really a product of everyone’s work and I feel like everyone should be proud of what they accomplished.”