Both the boys’ and girls’ varsity swim teams finished in third place at the Mission League Finals Monday and Tuesday, which took place at the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center.
After a 3-4 season for the boys’ team and a 4-3 for the girls’, the swimmers were proud of their effort at the meet.
“I’m glad we were able to compete and do well, despite having a smaller team than most others,” Wesley Chang ’17 said. “I’m proud of our teams’ effort.”
While entire teams cannot qualify for CIF Playoffs, individual swimmers and relay teams who get fast enough times will still compete. The final list of competitors has not been finalized.
• The 400-meter girls’ freestyle relay team set a school record with a time of 3:35.8.
• Alex Hsing ’16 won the boys’ 100-meter butterfly and 100-meter breaststroke races. His 100-meter breaststroke time set both the meet and school records.
• Wesley Chang ’17 finished third in the boys’ 100-meter freestyle.
• Bryanna Lee ’15 finished second in the girls’ 100-meter breaststroke race.
• John Chu ’16 broke a meet and school record and won the 200-meter freestyle.
• Nathan Szeto ’15 finished first in the boys’ diving competition.
• Phoebe Sanders ’17 finished second in the girls’ diving competition.
• Claudia Wong ’17 finished second in the girls’ 200-meter freestyle.