Father Justin to host weekly chapel services

Father Dan Justin will begin officiating weekly chapel services in St. Savior’s Chapel across from the Feldman-Horn plaza every Tuesday at 7:30 AM, following Father James Young’s retirement last year. The services are Episcopalian, last for roughly 25 minutes and include a brief homily and a Holy Communion from the Episcopal prayer book.

Father Dan previously served as the Assistant Rector at an Episcopal church in the Diocese of Chicago, and is currently the Rector at St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church. He holds a Doctor of Ministry in Biblical Preaching from Luther Seminary, a Master of Divinity from San Francisco Theological Seminary, a Master of Arts in Communications from Lindenwood University and a Bachelor of Science from Missouri Baptist University.

Justin said that he was thrilled to be at the school and that he would love to see more students come to chapel.

“There’s opportunities for student participation in the service whether they want to read some of the readings or do something like that, serve almost like an acolyte, we can teach them how to do that,” Justin said.