Senior announces commitment to play Division 1 basketball at UCLA following decommitment from USC

Connor Tang
UCLA commit Trent Perry ’24 averaged 18.6 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game as a senior.

Boys’ basketball senior guard Trent Perry ’24 announced via Instagram his official commitment to play Division 1 basketball at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) on May 8. Perry was previously committed to play at the University of Southern California (USC) but released his National Letter of Intent after the departure of former USC men’s basketball head coach Andy Enfield to Southern Methodist University.

Perry is one of several players to recently commit to UCLA, along with several collegiate players in the transfer portal and fellow teammate Christian Horry ’24. In a UCLA online news release, head coach Mick Cronin said Perry’s high school experience will be invaluable for the team next season.

“We are thrilled that Trent Perry has chosen to become a Bruin,” Cronin said. “He has had a very successful high school career at Harvard-Westlake, where he was extremely well-coached by David Rebibo. Time after time, he stepped up in big moments and led his team to victory. He’ll graduate as a back-to-back California state champion and the Gatorade California Basketball Player of the Year, along with a host of other impressive individual accolades. Trent has established himself as a dynamic playmaker, and we believe that he has a very high ceiling as his game continues to develop. We’re looking forward to having him in Westwood.”