Athletic trainer leaves school for Loyola

Athletic trainer Amanda Zamani will leave Harvard-Westlake at the end of the year.

Zamani previously worked at Los Angeles Pierce Community College and attended California State University, Northridge.

She will take a similar position at all-boys institution and Harvard-Westlake’s Mission League rival Loyola High School in Los Angeles.

Zamani assisted many student athletes with injuries and ailments during her time at Harvard-Westlake. Zamani was often the first one on the field when a player hit the ground during sporting events.

One such athlete was football and volleyball player Andrew Klein ’18.

“[Zamani] is a funny, genuine and loving person,” Klein said. “She loves what she does and loves who she works with. She is an amazing person and trainer. [Zamani] always treats her players as if we are her friends rather than another patient. She is kind to us and always loves to laugh with us. She is the best trainer and friend you could ask for.”

Klein is not the only student who feels this way about Zamani.

“She’s always been super nice and helpful, and she will be missed by everyone at Harvard-Westlake,” boys’ basketball team manager Eddie Mack ’17 said.

Boys’ soccer outside back Boden Stringer ’18 also had similar thoughts about Zamani.

“[Zamani] was always helpful whenever someone was injured or needed medical help,” Stringer said. “She was kind and showed a lot of care. When I hurt my back as a freshman, she was always there to check on me and give me help whenever I needed it.”

Wolverine volleyball setter Chester Ranger ’18 was yet another Harvard-Westlake student-athlete to share overwhelmingly positive thoughts on his experience with Zamani.

“[Zamani] was really, really helpful in helping me recover from my concussion that took me out for a week or two,” Ranger said.

Varsity boys’ basketball shooting guard Nathan Yeh ’16 shared even more wonderful thoughts on trainer Zamani.

“Since ninth grade, [Zamani] has always been there for me and other Wolverine athletes,” Yeh said. “Whether you need her to give you treatment or even just give you advice for a nagging injury, she’s always helpful and does it with a smile. As a coach at the Wolverine Basketball Sports Camps, I’ve sent many kids to [Zamani] and she always brought those campers back to me better than when I sent them before. They would always have a smile on their face because they felt cared for by [Zamani], and just as importantly, they were ready to get back to playing. We will all miss [Zamani] a lot.”