Prefects organize Winterfest

During the Prefect Council-sponsored Winterfest, students participated in various winter-themed activities, such as buying Wintergrams, refreshments and dress-up days, from Dec. 7-11 .

Students received complimentary hot chocolate and cider, decorated cookies and listened to ensembles, including performances by Alec Davila ’20, Lauren Juzang ‘20 and duo Mila Fejzo ’19 and Becca Frischling ’19.
Sophomore prefect Chelsea Cho ’21 helped sell Wintergrams on Dec. 6 and plan Winterfest.

“I think that this was one of the Head Prefect’s favorite things about the middle school, since we had something at the Middle School called Winter Week, which is very much like this [Winterfest],” Cho said. “Basically, we tried to replicate the same idea of bringing holiday festivities to campus.”
Prefect Council’s plan for Wintergram sales shifted due to heavy rain, Cho said.

Prefect Council sold the customizable notes with candy canes attached, which included a holiday-themed pick-up line, in the lounge instead of on the quad, and they were unable to sell as many as expected, Cho said.

Overall, however, Winterfest was a success, Cho said.

“I thought it was really thoughtful of student council to organize events like the performance in the lounge and the cookie decorating, since they allowed students to take a little bit of time and enjoy the holiday season rather than stress over college [applications] and midterms,” Sally Ho ’21 said.