HW Works holds final roundtable of the year

In partnership with the Student Alumni Association, HW Works held its fourth and final roundtable of the year April 30, where three alumni with careers in law and government shared advice regarding their respective fields.

Lauren Linde ’73, Josh Rodine ’92 and Melissa Miller ’06 led the event.  They spoke about their job experiences and answerd students’ questions.

Linde, who used to work at Sylvester, Oppenheim and Linde, is a retired trial lawyer who specialized in insurance and bad faith during her career. Rodine is a partner at Seyfarth Shaw LLP, and focuses on employment litigation and working with employers to create a better workplace environment. Miller, who began her career during the Obama administration, works in Department of Homeland Security as Assistant Chief Counsel at the Office of the Principal Legal Advisor of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The panelists encouraged students to pursue their interests and take charge of their future, whether they choose to pursue government or law.

Attendee Angela Tan ’19 said that, as a student interested in government, the roundtable was helpful in gaining insight into the field.

“It was really inspiring to hear alumni of the school come speak about their life stories and experiences,” Tan said. “I feel that I’ve learned a lot from this event and it helped me confirm my goals of going into law and government in the future.”