Brookshire to replace Slattery as Upper School Dean

In an email to her junior students, soon-to-be Head of Upper School Beth Slattery said Director of Admission at Brandeis University Sara Brookshire will replace her as an Upper School Dean next year.

Brookshire was graduated from Emerson College with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Marketing Communication and later attended Lesley University, where she received her master’s degree in School Counseling and Guidance Services. Returning to her alma mater, Brookshire served as the Director of Admission at Emerson College prior to her current position and also serves as an Elected Board Director at the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).

In her email, Slattery said that as an addition to the dean team, Brookshire will not only be valued for her experience in guiding students through the college admissions process, but also for her upstanding personality.

“More than her professional credentials, however, [Brookshire] impressed all of us with her personal qualities of kindness, empathy and humor,” Slattery said. “I have had the good fortune of knowing [Brookshire] for over 10 years and she was one of the first people whom I approached to consider applying for the Upper School Dean job. I feel so grateful to have the opportunity to work more closely with her and I am comforted by the fact that as I transition to my new role, I know all of you will be in amazing hands.”