Girls tennis remains undefeated after win against Louisville High School

Kimberly+Wang+22+looks+to+serve+an+ace+in+her+match+against+Notre+Dame+High+School+on+March+2.+

Justin Goldstein/Chronicle

Kimberly Wang ’22 looks to serve an ace in her match against Notre Dame High School on March 2.

Amelia Scharff

The girls tennis team beat Louisville High School 17-1 at home on Monday to continue their three game win streak. 

Jade Zoller ’22 only played one match against Louisville, and won 6-0. Zoller said that she is looking forward to the rest of the season given the team’s recent successes.  

“The season is looking very promising so far as we have not lost a match and I am excited for what is to come,” Zoller said. 

The team had an especially strong start to the season, with wins against Notre Dame High School on March 2 and Calabasas High School on March 4. 

Last season, the team lost in the semi-finals of CIF to Woodbridge High School 10-8. The team’s overall record was 10-5 and its league record was 8-1. The team didn’t lose many seniors this season, so Zoller said that it is critical that the team remains focused and increases its confidence if the team wants to win a CIF championship this year. 

“I think we just need to keep the mentality we have been playing with so far which purely comes from confidence and trusting that our abilities will lead us to a win,” Zoller said. “We are going to continue to grow as a team both mentally and physically to better ourselves and our game.”

The team looks to continue its undefeated streak at Marlborough School on March 24. The team’s next home game will be against Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy on April 16.