Prefect Council hosts annual Spring Market

Prefect Council hosted the annual Spring Market on the Quad during lunch for student vendors to sell homemade goods to members of the community on April 30. The event had five booths set up by students selling different items.

Alexa Liu ’25, who sold handmade pottery, said the event was a great way to clean out her storage of pottery projects.

“I decided to sign up for the Spring Market because I had a lot of extra pottery at my house.” Liu said. “I love all my pots but my house is too cluttered, so I decided to sell them. The Spring Market is a good opportunity to learn how to sell and market stuff. You also learn about how to manage pricing as well.”

Jackson Hollis ’25, who sold slime, said he is grateful for the opportunity that the Spring Market gives students.

” This is a great event because it gives students a chance to show off their special talents and the things that they are passionate about.” Hollis said. ” It’s just a chance to interact with other students and showcase your art and your work.”

Jack Limor ’24, who ran a booth selling baked goods, said that he will miss participating in the Spring Market next year.

“I tried to go above and beyond for my last sale.” Limor said. “I really enjoyed the experience of making the cookies and becoming a cookie-making figure at the school. Everyone knows and loves my cookies, and some people even preorder them.”