Students implement sandwich bar pre-ordering system

Students can pre-order sandwiches and salads from the sandwich bar via a Google form

Venture members Sophia Waters ’26 and Shyla Haqq ’26 introduced, with Prefect Council, a new sandwich bar pre-ordering Google form April 25. According to the new form, orders must be submitted one day in advance.

Waters said she was inspired to create the form after she and her friends continuously experienced long lines at the sandwich bar.

“This problem was not unique to me,” Waters said. “Many of my friends also faced the same challenge and expressed frustration about it. Hearing their complaints, along with my own experiences, motivated me to take action.”

Waters said that although the cafeteria was hesitant at first, the success of the new ordering alternative has gained support from staff workers.

“Initially, there was some resistance from the cafeteria staff due to previous unsuccessful attempts,” Waters said. “To address this, we began with a small-scale approach, starting with just five orders. As they saw the benefits of the process, they became more receptive and allowed us to expand to accommodate more students.”

Dylan Wuo ’25 said that he believes the new system allows him to eat his desired lunch more often and quicker.

“I always enjoy buying and eating a sandwich from the sandwich bar,” Wuo said. “However, I wouldn’t buy them often because lines were long and a significant part of my lunch period would be taken. The new system is awesome because now I can enjoy my sandwich while giving myself extra spare time.”

Waters said that she hopes to continue collaborating with the school to improve the system.

“We’re currently working on a way to incorporate it better into the school system,” Waters said. “My goal is to establish a more simple and straightforward pre-ordering system that is efficient for students, faculty and cafeteria workers.”