Alumni attend Young Alumni Winter Reception

Two Alumna discuss their time away from Harvard-Westlake at the reception in the Kutler Center. Credit: Maddy Daum/Chronicle

The Alumni Relations team hosted the annual Young Alumni Winter Reception for alumni, seniors and faculty in the Kutler Center.

Alumni Administrator Anne Pyle and Assistant Director of Alumni Relations Ivy Bunnak organized the event and sent out invitations to all alumni from the past decade.

“It’s a way for us to get the younger class alums back to campus to visit with the faculty and staff they remember and to reconnect and be a part of this community,” Alumni Administrator Anne Pyle said.

About 90 alumni attended the event and were able to see their old campus and teachers. Most of the alums were in college or have just begun their professional careers, Pyle said.

“It’s nice to see everyone and it’s good to reconnect with teachers and classmates,” Kelly Morrison ’16. “I think this is a nice midpoint in the year since we have been in school long enough where we can talk about our situations but also long enough where it is really good to see everyone.”

The reception is held annually during the winter since many students are back to see their families for the break.

“I think this is a good time because people are usually here for extended holiday, I think it’s really good for alums but I’m not sure how good the timing is for current students,” Upper School Dean Adam Howard said. “I think a winter reception is always cozier than anytime of the year and everyone is really excited, particularly the kids from college who are coming back after first semester to share their stories.”