La Femme sells T-shirts to benefit Elizabeth House

La Femme club members sell shirts designed by Chasia Jeffries ’17 in front of Chalmers Tuesday. Credit: Sofia Heller/Chronicle

La Femme sold T-shirts on the quad for $15 from March 6 to 10 to raise money for Elizabeth House, a non-profit organization that provides economic, medical and emotional support, including shelter and prenatal care, for homeless pregnant women and women with young children.

Club member Alyssa Flaherty ’17 said that by volunteering at Elizabeth House at her previous school, she found the organization to be one very worthy of the donations.

Chasia Jeffries ’17 designed the shirts, which sold out by Tuesday.

“We wanted to have a really inclusive design to show that feminist isn’t a dirty word, it’s actually a really positive term to label yourself with,” La Femme leader Sohni Kaur ’17 said. “The shirts have a bunch of different people on them because any race, religion, gender or size can be a feminist as long as you believe in equality.”

After the shirts sold out on Tuesday, La Femme allowed students to pre-order their size. La Femme is ordering all of the pre-ordered shirts on Friday, club member Maggie McCarthy ’17 said.

Throughout March, La Femme will hold more events in celebration of Women’s History Month. Actress Juno Temple will speak after school March 20, and there will be an Equity Bake Sale to spread awareness about the wage gap in the United States on March 31 .