Deans set spring break college tour registration deadline, update itinerary

Juniors planning to participate in the spring break college tours must submit college tour preference forms and signed college tour rules by Dec. 9. Both tours will take place during the first week of spring break and will provide an introduction to the college search process. Each trip costs $2,595.

Tours will leave school on March 23 and return April 3.

The Spider Tour will visit Columbia University, Davidson College, Duke University, Elon University, Emory University, George Washington University, Georgetown University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland, New York University, University of Richmond, Gettysburg College and Vanderbilt University.

On the Bison Tour, students will travel to Bucknell University, Carnegie Mellon University, Case Western Reserve University, University of Chicago, Columbia University, Kenyon College, University of Michigan, New York University, Northwestern University, University of Notre Dame, Oberlin College, The Ohio State University, University of Pennsylvania and University of Pittsburgh.

Both tours will originate in New York, then split into two different directions, a change from the different starting and ending locations in previous years.

“[The only new college is] Gettysburg [College] on the Midwest tour, and part of that is that we now have two students there— two freshmen. So we thought it would be a nice thing to actually see them and add a new school,” Dean Beth Slattery said.

Students will attend information sessions and a tour of the campus. Meetings with alumni will be scheduled whenever possible.