Chronicle wins National Pacemaker

Last year’s Chronicle and Vox Populi won local and national awards. Chronicle received a 4000 out of 4000 perfect score in the National Scholastic Press Association critique and was named All-American newspaper.

Chronicle was a gold-medalist and All-Colombian newspaper by Colombia Scholastic Press Association.

The paper won first place for the George Gallop award from Quill and Scroll Society.

The Chronicle is a finalist for the National Pacemaker award given by the National Scholastic Press Association. Rankings will be revealed at the JEA/NSPA Fall National High School Journalism Convention in Philadelphia on November 10.

Andrew Schine ’07 won first place in the Story of the Year contest for his article about the attack last may by one student on another. The Story of the Year contest is sponsored by the National Press Scholastic Association and the American Society of Newspaper Editors.

Adam Sieff ’07 placed third in the diversity division of the Story of the Year contest for his October story on the lack of Muslims at Harvard-Westlake School.

Will Baskin-Gerwitz ’08, Michael Kaplan ’08, and Andrew Lee ‘09 placed second in the Design of the Year contest for their graphic on “How to: Lacrosse.”

Yearbook won 2007 Award of Merit at summer workshop Ignite Yearbook University at Pepperdine University for the theme project 11 students designed and executed.