Katie Price ’12

1. If you are running for the Head Prefect Position and do not win will you also run for Senior Class Prefect? If not, why?

I will run for Senior Class Prefect should I not be elected Head Prefect.

2. What makes you feel that you are qualified for the position? Please describe any leadership experiences you’ve had, if applicable.

I served as a Student Council Senator at Harvard-Westlake each year on the middle school campus. In addition, I am currently a Junior Class Prefect. As part of my Prefect duties this year, I have proved leadership in chairing the Semi-Formal Committee as well as sitting on several Honor Board cases.

3. How do you feel about the Honor Board and what has led you to feel this way?

After having sat on several Honor Board cases, I have developed a positive attitude towards the functions and recommendations of the Board. The Honor Board is a rehabilitative body that fairly and methodically recommends specific proposals to people who commit Honor Code infractions. I feel that the Honor Board bases their recommendations on the ideal of rebuilding trust and restoring honor in the community. I appreciate that the Honor Board is chiefly comprised of students because the atmosphere is focused less on reprimand, and more on reinstating the principals of the Honor Code in the daily lives of the Harvard-Westlake student body. I believe that the Honor Board typically convenes with the values of our community in mind. Based on my above statements, I am confident and optimistic about the Honor Board.

4. Please describe one thing in Harvard-Westlake’s community you would change. Also, how would you use the influence of the position of Head Prefect to change our community?

The Harvard-Westlake community is rich in driven, intelligent, and passionate students. One could argue that the focus of the community is academic motivation, justifiably. I think that with this intense mindset of the student body, the Harvard-Westlake student body would benefit from more events like “Fanatic Fest” and school spirited activities. I would use the influence of the Head Prefect Position to communicate with the administration and students about accommodating this issue in order to relieve the student body of a little stress.