Boys’ soccer falls short in playoff opener against Thousand Oaks

By Charlton Azuoma and Luke Holthouse

The seasons of two Wolverine teams came to end on Thursday, while one team moved three wins away from repeating as CIF Champions. 

Both the girls’ basketball team and the boys’ soccer team fell in their opening game of CIF playoffs against Workman and Thousand Oaks, respectively. However, the girls’ water polo team defeated Trabuco Hills, advancing to the quarterfinals of CIF playoffs. 

The girls’ basketball team lost 83-64, ending their season at 13-16 overall and 5-5 in league. The Wolverines outscored Workman in the second half 33-31 but trailed Workman 52-31 at the end of the first half.

The boys’ soccer team lost 2-0, ending their season at 17-4-3 overall and 8-3-1 in league play. The Wolverines surrendered both goals early in the second half. 

While the girls’ basketball team had to travel to Workman for its game, the boys’ soccer team earned home field advantage against Thousand Oaks and came into the matchup as a higher seeded team.

At the San Fernando Regional Pool, Morgan Hallock ’13 scored eight goals in the Wolverines’ 14-5 win over Trabuco Hills. The Wolverines, seeded as the second best team in Div. IV of the CIF Southern Section, play again on Saturday, Feb. 18. The opponent and location are to be announced.